"Quote" by Head Coach Robert Belf
On how the team played all weekend long and breaking the school record in three-point baskets made in a contest...
"We played well all weekend. Our ball movement and shot selection were very impressive. It was good to see multiple players hit the open shot today. Our energy was good both games especially being back on the court 13 hours later. We continue to improve every night we compete."
How It Happened:
The SMWC offense was clicking on all cylinders today. In the first, they connected on six 3-PT baskets. The Pomeroys led 26-20 at the end of the first. In the second, SMWC was outscored by MacMurray 28-to-21 and entered halftime down 48-47. However, the third quarter was owned by The Woods offense. SMWC scored an incredible 36 points behind a Regan Hubbard 12-point quarter. In the fourth, the Pomeroys continued to push the tempo while Kathryn Kraft knocked down three 3-PT baskets to secure the victory. The final was Pomeroys 111, Highlanders 98.
Statistical Leaders vs. MacMurray:
- Regan Hubbard led the team with a season-high 20 points; she added three rebounds, two steals, and two assists
- Sydney Ingram scored 15 points, grabbed three rebounds, and dished three assists
- Delaney Kendall added 13 points, three rebounds, and two assists
- Callan Taylor tallied 12 points, two steals, one rebound, and one assist
- Maggie Reimer finished with 10 points, seven rebounds, two steals, and two assists
- Avalee Jeffers led the team in the rebound category with eight
By The Numbers:
26 | The Pomeroys converted on 26 three-point baskets to break the school record in a single contest
5 | 5 player's from the SMWC team scored in double-digits (Hubbard, Ingram, Kendall, Taylor, and Reimer)
28 | The Woods intense defense caused MacMurray to commit 28 turnovers
111 | SMWC scored 111 points tonight; most points scored in a game this season
76 | 76 three-point baskets were attempted by the Pomeroys; most in a contest this season
SMWC has three games remaining before Christmas Break. The Pomeroys will be back in action on December 17th and 18th versus Berea College and Cincinnati Clermont. After which, the team will return home on December 21st to take on Brescia University at 2:00 p.m. ET.
Download Team Schedules | Download Center
Tag Us | @SMWCAthletics