SAINT MARY OF THE WOODS, Ind. - In the 27th edition of This Week In Pomeroy Sports | TWIPS, let’s discuss the epidemic concerning the COVID-19 virus. Because of the widely known Corona-virus the Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College athletic department has announced that all athletic events will be cancelled through Friday, April 3.
SMWC teams affected include softball, men's and women's track & field, men's golf, and hunt seat/western equestrian, who all either are currently in-season or hold off-season competitions.
The following are events that have been cancelled upto this point:
- @ Lawrence Technological University | March 20-21
- @ University of Rio Grande | March 20-21
- vs. Brescia University | March 24
- @ Indiana Wesleyan University | April 1
- @ Taylor University | April 2
Men's and Women's Track & Field
- @ Murray State University | March 13
- @ Rose-Hulman | March 21
- @ Franklin College | April 4
- @ Rose-Hulman | April 17
- @ University of Findlay | March 14
- ISHA Semi-Final @ West Virginia University | March 21-22
- ISHA Regional 1 @ SMWC | March 28
- IHSA Zone 7 Championship @ West Texas A&M | April 4
- IHSA Nationals | April 30-May 3
- Mount St. Joseph Invitational | March 21-22
- Great Lakes Region Intercollegiate | March 28-29
These events will likely not be rescheduled.
- Club ’64 will open on Wednesday, March 18, when online classes begin.
- Hours will be limited to 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM while all access to the facility will be granted by a member of the athletic administration.
- Club ’64 will be closed on the weekends.
- If utilizing Club ’64, you are doing so at your own risk as there will not be a front-desk worker on staff.
- Please remember to wipe down ALL equipment before and after each use, do not assume it is clean.
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center