FENTON, Mo. - Saint Mary of the Woods College (SMWC) men's soccer suffered its first loss of the season to Webster University last night. The Pomeroys were beaten 4-1, with the loss, SMWC moves to 6-1-0 on the season. Webster moves to 4-1-1 on the year with its only loss coming to Hendrix College.
- The Pomeroys trailed quickly (1-0) after Henok Moges scored on a header in the 7th minute
- SMWC would hold the offensive attack behind Keaton Krischak's two saves in the first half
- At 48:51, Webster scored on a rebound to extend the lead 2-0
- In the 53rd minute, the Gorloks poured it on with another goal by Aamahn Murvin to notch a 3-0 lead
- Ben Aziz, found the back of the net for WU at 83:51 to seal the victory
- Muhammad Izhar-Razman scored (86:07) the lonely Pomeroy goal from 18 yards out; assist was credited to Yazen Bakhrebah
By the Numbers
- SMWC lost the edge 21-14 in shots, nine of the Webster shots came on goal
- Three of the four goals from the Gorloks came in the second half
- The Pomeroys have scored in seven straight contests and have not been shut out since October 23, 2018
- For the match, five different Pomeroys took a shot\
- Omar Abdallah Nablisi took six shots and put four shots on goal, while Razman added three shots and two shots on goal
The Pomeroys will try to get back on track as they travel to Welch College located in Gallatin, Tennessee, on Tuesday, September 24th. First touch is set for 5:00 p.m. ET.
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center