SAINT MARY OF THE WOODS, Ind. – The Saint Mary-of-the-Woods (SMWC) women's basketball team (5-16) lost to the visiting Bearcats of Brescia University (9-18) last night 74-77. The Pomeroys led by as much as 16 during the game but couldn't hold on in the 4th quarter to suffer their sixteenth loss of the season.
By the Numbers
- Paetyn Hayes led the team in scoring with 13, she was followed by Kalyn Williams with 9.
- Delaney Kendall's 5 and Kalyn William's 4 assists paced the team, while Maggie Reimer's 8 rebounds led all Pomeroys.
- Not a strong offensive night for either team as SMWC shot 28.8% from behind the arc (Brescia 17.4%) and just 50% at the line.
- Fouls, just as they have been all season, hurt the Pomeroys as they committed 22 to Brescia's 12.
- Brescia had three players in double-digit scoring; Cassidy Moss (16), Alicia Salazar (14), and Princess Holloway (11).
- Cassidy Moss and Alicia Salazar also added 10 rebounds each to give them double-doubles on the night.
- Despite Hailey Kendall's 4 personal fouls, no other starter picked up a foul for the Bearcats on the night.
The Pomeroys host Welch College on tomorrow, February 8th, for a 2:00 p.m. ET game.
Photo Album: https://bit.ly/387FxB7
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center