SAINT MARY OF THE WOODS, Ind. – The Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College women's soccer team (2-2) moved to .500 on the season with a solid performance over MacMurray (1-2) and showing up the men's team who won 2-0 just before them by winning 3-0. The Pomeroys were led by Sophomore Alexis Pflum (two goals, assists by Shelby Joy and Alicia Lombardo) and Shelby Joy (assist by Kortney Buckley).
- SMWC started the scoring with a goal by Alexis Pflum (assist Shelby Joy) at 13:52.
- MacMurray then took six shots throughout the first half but were unable to score
- The second SMWC goal came from Shelby Joy with an assist by Kortney Buckley in the 66th minute.
- Alexis Pflum netted her second goal (assist Alicia Lombardo) and put the match squarely out of reach with a goal in the 76th minute
By the Numbers
- This was the first time in school history that both the men's and women's team have won at home on the same day
- Both teams played a fair game with neither side receiving discipline
- MacMurray outshot SMWC 10-9 but were unable to score a single goal with GK Megan Benefiel making 5 saves
- Alexis Pflum continues to lead the team with 5 goals on the season
The women's team will play again on Saturday, September 14th at 2:30 P.M. ET when they host Defiance College. Women's soccer will also be playing Andrews College on Sunday, September 15th at 2:00 P.M.
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center