SAINT MARY OF THE WOODS, Ind. -- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College (SMWC) women's volleyball team (3-8) could not find a way to match the Franklin College Grizzlies (9-4) offensive attack tonight. The Pomeroys lost 3-0 (19-25, 23-25, 19-25) as they returned to Hamilton Arena for the beginning of a tough three-game home stretch.
- Riley Kinney led the Woods with 10 kills on 21 swings; she finished with a .333 hitting percentage and 11.5 points
- Alexis Woodburn tallied nine kills and Mandi Alspach finished with six; Woodburn had 9.0 points while Alspach had 7.5
- Katelyn Cotter was the assist leader for SMWC with 29
- Pamela Dorman notched 18 digs
By the Numbers
- SMWC was out-hit by the Grizzlies 46-to-30
- The Pomeroys are now 3-8 (.273) on the season while Franklin College moves to 9-4
- The Grizzlies notched 55.0 match points to the Pomeroys 41.0
- The Woods had five player's tally kills and eight earn digs
The women's volleyball team will square off against Fontbonne University on Friday, September 20th. First serve is set for 7:00 p.m. ET in Hamilton Arena.
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center