ANDERSON, Ind. – The SMWC women's volleyball team (4-10) lost to Anderson University (6-10) Wednesday night, falling 3 sets to 1. The Pomeroys were neck-and-neck with Anderson all night, but couldn't pull out the win, dropping two straight sets to fall to 4-10 on the season. The Woods will look to improve their postseason chances when they face Illinois Tech (2-7) this Friday, September 27th at 7:00 P.M. ET.
- Set 1: SMWC maintained a strong lead, going up 11-5 at one point and was in control throughout the set, but ended up falling behind some simple attack mistakes.
- Set 2: The Woods rallied back to take a commanding 12-4 lead, but eeventually lost that lead on more attack errors. The Pomeroys regrouped and fought to win the close set 26-24
- Set 3: SMWC and Anderson would go back and forth through set 3, but surrendered the set.
- Set 4: The Pomeroys were never able to regroup after their set 3 loss and fell to Anderson despite a rally near the end of the set.
By the Numbers
- Jaelyn Fennell (14), Mandi Alspach, (14), and Alexis Woodburn (10) all posted double-digit kills with Jaelyn recording a .286 kill %.
- The Pomeroy's 70 digs are their 2nd highest of the season, just under the 75 posted against Monmouth College on September 13th.
- Jaeylyn Fennell recorded career highs in attacks, (35), kills (14), and digs (7). Mandi Alspach also posted career highs in kills (14) and digs (8).
The volleyball team will battle the Hawks of Illinois Tech on Wednesday, September 25th. First serve is set for 7:00 p.m. ET at O.C. Lewis Gymnasium.
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center