SAINT MARY-OF-THE-WOODS, Ind. – Saint Mary-of-the-Woods (SMWC) volleyball (5-11) got back to their winning ways today as they dominated Calumet College of St. Joseph (1-11). The Pomeroys swept CCSJ 3-0 (25-11, 25-8, 25-12) to earn its fifth win of the 2019 campaign; the Crimson Waves continue to struggle as they have lost 11-straight matches.
- Set 1: The Woods hit strongly as they tallied nine kills on 18 swings. The Crimson Waves could not come together as a team finishing the first set with nine errors and a hitting percentage of -.200.
- Set 2: SMWC tallied a whopping 12 kills as they hit .375%, the team limited itself to just three errors playing a very clean set. CCSJ continued to struggle as they had eight errors and could not find a niche offensively.
- Set 3: The Pomeroys finished how they started..strong! SMWC racked up nine kills on 21 swings and a .381 hitting percentage. SMWC took the final set 15-12!
By the Numbers
- SMWC was led by Jaelyn Fennell who tallied nine kills on 15 swings; she hit a whopping .553 %
- Mandi Alspach and Riley Kinney added eight kills apiece, they continue their remarkable play as the teams top-hitters
- Katelyn Cotter dished out 26 assists and tacked on two kills (1.000% hitting percentage)
- Pamela Dorman notched 13 digs while seven other Pomeroys added to this category
- The Pomeroys earned a .381 hitting percentage and held CCSJ to -.123
- The Woods tallied 49.0 points to the Crimson Waves 20.0
The Pomeroys will be on the road for their next two matches. On Tuesday, October 1st, they will travel to Hanover, Indiana, to take on Hanover College at 7:00 p.m. ET. On Friday, October 4th, the Pomeroys will take on NAIA powerhouse Marian University at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Photo Gallery | https://smwcpomeroys.com/sports/wvball/2019-20/photos/0009/index
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center