SAINT MARY-OF-THE-WOODS, Ind. – Saint Mary-of-the-Woods (SMWC) volleyball (6-13) was victorious today in its Homecoming match against Oakland City University. The Pomeroys won 3-to-1 (25-12, 20-25, 25-16, 25-18) and handed the Mighty Oaks their ninth loss of the season.
- Set 1: The Woods tallied 11 kills and a .190 hitting percentage. The Woods looked sharp and got back to basics from some of their previous games with solid fundamentals and strong offensive firepower. Oakland City had no real response and crumbled to a 25-12 set 1 loss.
- Set 2: Oakland City figured out their gameplan and eliminating mistakes seemed to be the focus. The set remained close throughout before a strong run by Oakland City and three straight attack errors on the Woods helped them take a 25-20 set 2 win.
- Set 3: SMWC once again kept the attacks up and capitalized on some Oakland City errors along with some dominant late play from Megan White to give the Woods a dominant 25-16 set 3 win.
- Set 4: SMWC found itself down 13-7 but powerful kills from Jaelyn Fennell and Riley Kinney gave SMWC the come-from-behind win.
By the Numbers
- SMWC was led by Jaelyn Fennell who finished with a whopping 16 kills to lead both teams; she concluded the contest with a .303 hitting percentage
- Riley Kinney added nine kills with a .150 hitting percentage
- Katelyn Cotter dished out 39 assists; she continues to lead the team in this statistical category
- Pamela Dorman notched 18 digs and led the defense
- The Woods tallied 65.0 points to the Mighty Oaks 41.0
The Pomeroys will have an opportunity to rest before they are back in action for a tri-match on Saturday, October 12th against the Milwaukee School of Engineering and Illinois Tech. The first serve begins at 3:00 p.m. ET.
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center