CHICAGO, Ill. – The Saint Mary-of-the-Woods (SMWC) volleyball (7-14) was victorious yesterday against the Milwaukee School of Engineering in their first match of the day before falling to Illinois Tech 1-3 in their second game. The Pomeroys traveled to Chicago for the Illinois Tech Tri-Match and swept the Raiders in convincing fashion (25-20, 25-17, 25-16) but couldn't pull out the second win against Illinois Tech.
The Highlights | Milwaukee School of Engineering
- SMWC finished set one close, their only real scare of the match before pulling out the win 25-20
- Led by Jaelyn and Meagan, the Pomeroys finished off Milwaukee in the next two sets easily.
- An unhearalded player, Kara Shafer, finished with three kills on four attacks, and four total blocks.
By the Numbers | Milwaukee School of Engineering
- SMWC was led by Jaelyn Fennell who finished with 10 kills, followed by Mandi Alpasch (8), and Meagan White (7).
- The Pomeroys find themselves in a tough position at 7-14 with seven matches left in the season, but going 4-2 over the past couple of weeks may be the turnaround needed.
The Pomeroys travel to face Fontbonne Univeresity on Tuesday, October 15th for their 7:00 p.m. ET match.
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center