SAINT MARY-OF-THE-WOODS, Ind. – The Saint Mary-of-the-Woods volleyball team wrapped up their 2019 season against Indiana University-East this evening, falling 3-0 on senior night. Before the match, the Pomeroy's lone senior, Meagan White, was honored as she was escorted to the court by her parents and brother.
- Set 1: IU-East got out to a strong start off attack errors and pinpoint kills. SMWC was able to make a few smart plays that kept them feeling like they could rally at any time but IU-East pulled away to take set 1, 25-14.
- Set 2: IU-East continued their strong play, moving out to a 15-5 lead in the second set as the Pomeroys struggled to keep their attacks inside. The set ended in identical fashion as SMWC falls 25-14 in set 2.
- Set 3: It looked as though IU-East would walk through the final set of the night before SMWC rallied from being down 18-8 to rattle off 7 straight points, bringing the score to 18-14. A back and forth effort would keep them from making any more ground as the fall 25-19.
By the Numbers
- Senior Meagan White led the team with 6 kills on 17 attacks, followed by Jaelyn Fennell with 5 on 26.
- Pamela Dorman's 12 digs paced all players and Setter Katelyn Cotter's 16 assists led the team.
- Meagan White finishes her career at SMWC having played 135 matches and tallying 451 kills, 36 assists, 518 digs, and 114 total blocks. Meagan is also a 3-time member of USCAA National Championship Runner-Up Teams.
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center